Location: Princeton, NJ, US
Manager Residential Solar, FP&A
Req ID: 2014-13708
Location Name: NRG Corporate Headquarters
Type: Full-Time Salary
# Openings: 1
Details About this Career Opportunity:
NRG is leading a customer-driven change in the U.S. energy industry by delivering cleaner and smarter energy choices, while building on the strength of the nation’s largest and most diverse competitive power portfolio. A Fortune 250 company, we create value through reliable and efficient conventional generation while driving innovation in solar and renewable power, electric vehicle ecosystems, carbon capture technology and customer-centric energy solutions. Our retail electricity providers serve almost 3 million residential and commercial customers throughout the country. More information is available at www.nrgenergy.com. Connect with NRG Energy on Facebook and follow us on Twitter @nrgenergy
Provide financial analysis for Residential Solar, responsible for the budget and forecast, look back and other analysis. Position has significant exposure to top management and is viewed as development for future financial leaders in the company
The Manager Residential Solar, FP&A will be responsible for the reporting and analysis for NRG’s Residential Solar business. Working together with the business leads and Corporate, this position will be responsible for monthly and quarterly performance analysis, coordinating the preparation of the annual budget and long-term plans as well monthly forecasting. In addition, the Manager Residential Solar, FP&A will work on strategic and financial analysis as requested by the Regional President and other senior management.
Specific duties will include:
Coordinating the preparation and review of the Budget and monthly Forecasts. The key responsibility for this position will be to manage and improve the modeling process for the business while ensuring overall accuracy of the data. This includes:
Review and coordinate all aspects of the businesses’ budget, forecast, and cost analysis with the regional accounting, finance and treasury teams
- Work with the Residential Solar Finance team to understand and align the business model with actual reporting ensuring that financials are aligned and accurate
- Work with the Treasury department to understand the finance lease vehicles ensuring accurate modeling of complex structures
- Participate in the development of the quarterly operating expense forecasts, developing analyses and projections which are used to complete the quarterly forecast
Performing analysis of operating and financial results against budget and forecast targets and prior period results. NRG continues to develop new businesses, beyond the traditional wholesale and retail energy platforms, and as such requires professionals that can lead the development of new reporting/valuation metrics
KPI’s - Identify and create tracking mechanism that will streamline the reporting process thereby enabling management to make strategic decisions on the overall direction of Residential Solar
Perform analysis of operating and financial results against budget and forecast targets and prior period results for inclusion in the management reports
Prepare routine and special reports for regional management, serving as liaison between the region and other corporate disciplines as necessary
Look-back analysis – NRG continues to develop the Residential Solar business and will require look backs to determine if project returns are achieved.
Supporting Director New business in the updating/creating presentation material. Responsibilities will include supporting preparation of material upon request for both internal and external audiences including earnings material, Board and general management presentations.
Other: Working with the other regional FP&A support staff, review the capital expenditure budget and requests for expenditure. Become a super-user of the Company’s reporting tool for project management and consolidation, supporting end users, creating reports, updating data as necessary. Provide timely and accurate information to the executive and other senior management, develop ad hoc reports for regional and senior management, assist regional financial staff, providing information for historical, current and future financial and statistical data and performing assigned special projects and analysis as needed by regional management
- Bachelor’s degree with concentration in finance and/or accounting or comparable business field required, advanced degree preferred. Minimum four years of experience in financial analysis required with solar energy/energy preferred
- Ability to handle multiple assignments on a timely basis with a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to work independently and complete responsibilities with little supervision, yet work well in team oriented culture
- Ability to resolve complex finance and accounting issues
- High level of motivation and aptitude for problem solving, with a strong attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills as this position requires significant interface with outside stakeholders and the senior managment team
- Able to work in a fast paced environment with tight deadlines
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Experience with Hyperion is preferred
- Ability to travel up to 20%
NRG Energy is committed to a drug and alcohol free workplace. To the extent permitted by law and any applicable collective bargaining agreement, employees are subject to periodic random drug testing, and post-accident and reasonable suspicion drug and alcohol testing.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Level, Title and/or Salary may be adjusted based on the applicant’s experience or skills.
Official description on file with Human Resources
Nearest Major Market: New Jersey